Glastonbury Public Schools Foreign Language
Rita A. Oleksak, Director of Foreign Languages/ELL, presents a plaque to the Venezuelan Partnership students and chaperones celebrating 10 years of partnerships (2008-2018).
Each year since 2008 we have been fortunate to have had the opportunity to host a group of Venezuelan visitors from Caracas, Venezuela. Students and teachers from El Avila School have joined our Smith Middle School community during the month of May.
The Venezuelan students are paired with sixth or seventh grade hosts who help them learn more about Gideon Welles School or Smith Middle School. The Venezuelan teachers also enrich our classrooms by co-planning instruction and presentations in Spanish classes as well as other subjects.
Applications for the 2019 Venezuelan Partnership are NOW CLOSED.
- Completed applications should be submitted to Sra. Villanueva at Smith Middle School or Srta. Efthimiou at Gideon Welles.
- Completed applications for Smith Middle School are due to Sra. Villanueva NO LATER than 2:35pm on Friday, February 8, 2019.
- Completed applications for Gideon Welles School are due to Srta. Efthimiou NO LATER than 2:35pm on Friday, February 8, 2019.
- No applications will be accepted after the deadline.
- Please read all of the following documents carefully, and complete all parts of the application.
- Failure to complete all portions of the application result in disqualification.
- Please complete all forms with care.